- Written by Kim Schofield
- Published: 24 Jan 2020
Hands-on training with new software releases from GE Digital
About this Event
The continuous evolution of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Digital Transformation have further enhanced today’s Industrial Automation software and technologies. AutomaTech and GE Digital continue to help customers understand and leverage these innovative new technologies to overcome the most difficult industrial challenges in today’s Digital Plant.
In this workshop you will learn about GE Digital Automation Software and how to apply exciting new technology in your industrial environments. You will learn about the latest releases from GE Digital’s Automation Software portfolio including iFIX, CIMPLICITY, Historian, Webspace, Operations Hub, and other complementary technologies. In addition, you will understand how to simplify industrial computing environments and prevent downtime for The Digital Plant with Stratus Technologies. Please join AutomaTech for these complimentary, educational hands-on workshops at one of nine locations across the East Coast!
The workshops will take place at nine locations through the north and south east. See dates and locations below, click on your preferred location to register:
- 2/25 - Nashua, NH
- 2/26 - Foxborough, MA
- 2/27 - Hartford, CT
- 3/3 - Alpharetta, GA
- 3/4 - Greenville, SC
- 3/5 - Charlottesville, VA
- 3/10 - Buffalo, NY
- 3/11 - Albany, NY
- 3/12 - Edison, NJ
What you will learn:
- New Releases, Future Strategy & Roadmap on GE Digital’s Automation Software portfolio, delivered by the GE Digital Product Management team.
- Introduction to Operations Hub – an Intelligent User Interface for the Digital Plant to centralize data visualization and analysis of your industrial data and operations.
- Hands-on Labs with iFIX 6.1, Historian 8.0, and Operations Hub 1.5
- How to simplify Industrial Automation computing and server virtualization to prevent downtime, hands-on with virtualization system from Stratus Technologies.
- General concepts of HMI/SCADA systems, data collection & analysis, OPC UA (Unified Architecture), web-based technologies, server virtualization, and much more!
- Attendees should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Computer Networking, and a basic understanding of Industrial Automation systems.
- Attendees should be familiar with HMI/SCADA software in a Client-Server architecture, specifically experience with GE iFIX software is a plus.
- A total of 10 student workstations will be provided, attendees may also bring your own device to access the workshop content via Wi-Fi & Remote Desktop.
Agenda - Click here to download
|8:00 - 8:30||Registration & Continental Breakfast|
|8:30 - 8:45||Welcome, Introductions, and Agenda Review - Industrial IoT & Digital Transformation, Back to Basics|
|8:45 - 9:45||GE Digital Automation Software Update - Exciting New Releases, Future Strategy & Roadmap|
|GE Digital Automation Software Strategy & Roadmap - Proficy is Back!|
|New Releases - iFIX 6.1, CIMPLICITY 11.0, Webspace 6.0, Historian 8.0, Dream Report 5.0, and more!|
|Operations Hub 1.5 - An Intelligent User Interface for the Digital Plant|
|9:45 - 10:00||BREAK|
|10:00 - 11:00||Hands-On Labs|
|Lab Introductions & Workshop Architecture|
|LAB #1 - iFIX OPC UA Client Driver & Web Config|
|LAB #2 - Historian & Operations Hub Trending & Analysis|
|11:00 - 11:30||Stratus Technologies - Simplifying Industrial Automation Computing & Preventing Downtime for the Digital Plant|
|11:30 - 12:00||Hands-On Labs Continued|
|Operations Hub Architecture & Connectivity|
|LAB #3 - Operations Hub App Building Intro with REST|
|12:00 - 1:00||LUNCH|
|1:00 - 1:30||Spare Lab Time, Wrap Up, and Thank You!|